Welcome to bloggERS!
The blog of the Electronic Records Section (ERS–get it??) of the Society of American Archivists was founded to foster communication and collaboration within the ERS and across the wider archival community. On this site you may find a variety of different types of posts, including:
- Aggregations of news, information, and resources on electronic records issues
- New content including case studies, interviews, surveys, reviews, and other writings of interest to archivists and electronic records professionals
- Forums for discussion and collaboration, to help archivists communicate and learn from each other and those outside the field.
This site aligns with key goals presented in the Society of American Archivists 2014-2018 Strategic Plan, including:
- promoting the value of archives and archivists (1.1)
- delivering information and education via accessible and affordable methods (2.2)
- fostering and disseminating research in and about the field (3.2)
- facilitating effective communication and creating opportunities for members to participate fully in the association (4.1-4.2)
Thanks for visiting this site and be sure to email us with any questions or suggestions!
The bloggERS! editorial board